Amazing blog post on the paradoxes of creativity:
To create, a person must
- Have knowledge but forget the knowledge;
- See unexpected connections in things but not have amental disorder;
- Work hard but spend time doing nothing;
- Create many ideas yet most of them are useless;
- Look at the same thing as everyone else, yet see somethingdifferent;
- Desire success but learn how to fail;
- Be persistent but not stubborn; and,
- Listen to experts but know how to disregard them.
Follow the link for more in the comments. Amazing.